CONSTITUTION OF: Ymlaen Rhuthun -
The name of the group shall be Ymlaen Rhuthun -
To encourage the regeneration, heritage and development of Ruthin.
The group will fulfil the aim by:
* Marketing and Promoting the businesses of the area by working with agencies, residents and visitors
* Involving local businesses, people and visitors in cultural activities and improving the area's appeal.
* Carrying out out and promote both environmental improvement and practical conservation.
* Encouraging and supporting the residents of Ruthin by working with environmental practices and statutory and non statutory agencies.
* Promoting sport, events, community recreation and play facilities.
* By raising funds to finance the group and its work and develop a sustainable income for Ruthin.
* Publicising and promoting.
* Make rules and standing orders for categories of members and their rights.
* Organising meetings, training courses and events.
* Working with similar groups and organisations to exchange information.
* Takeing any action that is lawful, which would help it to fulfil its aims.
(a) Membership of "Ymlaen Rhuthun-
(b) Every member shall have one vote at general meetings. This organisation is open to all, regardless of age, ethnic origin, ability, sex, belief or political affiliation recognising the value of our many differences.
(c) The Committee shall have the power to refuse membership to an applicant, where it is considered such membership would be detrimental to the aims, purposes or activities of the group.
(d) Registration and termination of membership.
* Any member of the association may resign his/her membership and any representative of a member organisation or section may resign such position, by giving to the secretary of the association written notice to that effect.
* The Committee may, by resolution passed at a meeting thereof, terminate or suspend the membership of any member, if in its opinion his/her conduct is prejudicial to the interests and objects of the association, PROVIDED THAT the individual member or representative of the member organisation (as the case may be) shall have the right to be heard by the Committee before the final decision is made. There shall be a right of appeal to an independent arbitrator appointed by mutual agreement.
(a) Any money obtained by the group shall be used only for the group.
(b) Any bank accounts opened for the group shall be in the name of the group.
(c) Any cheque issued shall be signed by at least two of any three nominated signatures.
(d) The Committee will ensure that the group stays within the budget.
(e) The group is a not for profit, non profit making organisation.
6. Committee Meetings
(a) The committee shall meet at least four (4) times each year.
(b) The quorum for a meeting shall be five (5).
(c) The committee shall be accountable to the members at all times.
(d) All meetings must be minuted and available to any interested party.
(e) All committee members shall be given at least seven (7) days’ notice of a meeting unless it is deemed an emergency meeting.
7. Public Meetings
(a) The committee shall call all committee meetings open, the purpose of these meetings is for the group to account for its actions and consider the regeneration and development of RUTHIN according to the group’s objectives.
(b) The Chair of the group shall normally chair these meetings.
(c) At least seven (7) days’ notice of such a meeting must be given.
(d) All meetings, including AGMs, must be minuted and available to any interested party.
(e) The quorum for a general Meeting is five (5).
8. Annual General Meeting
(a) Ymlaen Rhuthun Forward shall hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM) at not more than 15 month intervals.
(b) Where possible members shall be notified personally, otherwise notice will be deemed served by advertising the meetings in at least five public places giving at least 14 days’ notice of the AGM.
(c) The business of the AGM shall include:
* Receiving a report from the Chairperson of the group’s activities over the year.
* Receiving a report and presentation of the last financial year’s accounts from the Treasurer on the finances of the group.
* Electing a new Management Committee and considering any other matter as may be appropriate at such a meeting.
(d) The quorum for Annual General Meeting shall be at least eight (8) persons.
9. Alteration of the Constitution
(a) Proposals for amendments to this constitution, or dissolution (see Clause 11) must be delivered to the secretary in writing. The secretary in conjunction with all other officers shall then decide on the date of a forum meeting to discuss such proposals, giving at least four weeks (28 days) clear notice.
(b) Any changes to this constitution must be agreed by at least two thirds of those members present and voting at any general meeting.
The group may be wound up at any time if agreed by two thirds of those members present and voting at any general meeting. Any assets shall be gifted to a school parent teacher association, if they require it, or shall be passed to another group with similar aims.
11.Adoption of the Constitution
This constitution was adopted by the members present at the emergency constitution meeting held on: 24/03/2009 also available on the web and updated at the General meeting of 2 March 2010